A Monitoring Committee is established under European Regulation for the INTERREG VA Programme to monitor the effectiveness and quality of the Programme.
The membership of the Monitoring Committee comprises of the representatives of the Member States, local and regional government, as well as social and economic partners representing business, trade unions, and the voluntary, environmental and equality sectors. A full list of the Committee members, along with the papers and minutes of all committee meetings can be accessed via the icons below.
- Monitoring Committee Members
- Monitoring Committee Papers & Minutes
The Committee fulfils a number of key responsibilities:
- It must approve the project selection criteria to be used in the Programme;
- It must review progress towards achieving the targets of the Programme and examine the impact of its implementation;
- It will consider and approve formal reports submitted to the European Commission, including Annual Reports on implementation;
- It may propose amendments to the Cooperation Programme, (the document approved by the EC which establishes the Programme strategy and priorities); and
- It will consider and approve any proposal to amend the Commission decision which approved the Programme.